Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Italian Wraps


I came across a recipe for some Italian Wraps in a magazine... but did not like the 603 calories!!!  600 calorie meals are bad if you eat light the rest of the day.  If you family is like mine, we make double servings of each dinner item, and eat the leftover for lunch the next day, which means all my meals need to be between 400-500 calories so that if I have two higher calorie meals, that we don't go way over what we (ok really I since I am the one on a fitness plan) should be having each day.  So I revamped the recipe and was able to bring it down to a very doable 473 calories!



 ITALIAN WRAPS
8 10-inch tortillas
8 tsps olive oil mayonaise
40 slices of thin sliced Salami (I used Citterio)
8 slices thinly sliced Provolone Cheese
4 red peppers, cut into thin strips
4 cups loosely shredded lettuce (arugula, romaine, red leaf)

Serves 8

Spread 1 tsp of mayo on each tortilla.  Then add 5 slices of salami onto each tortilla.  Next, cut the provolone in half and place to pieces onto each tortilla.  Add half a pepper onto each tortilla, and 1/2 cup of lettuce (or a small handful).  Roll up and use a toothpick to secure.  Enjoy!

Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Calories: 473
Total Fat: 26g
Sat. Fat: 11
Chol: 77
Total Carbo: 31
Fiber: 1.5
Sugar: 3.7
Protein 28



No comments:

Post a Comment