Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ramen Snack Mix

This wasn't my own creation, but I did adapt it a little.

The original recipe comes from Martha Stewart!

Turned out really good.  I put 1/3 cup into a ziploc bag, so they are already to go when I pack lunchboxes. 

Ramen Snack Mix
2 packages ramen, broken into small pieces (toss the seasoning packet!)
1 cup salted cashews (M's are raw)
1 cup salted peanuts (Ms are raw)
1 cup Honey Bunches and Oats with Almonds (Ms uses cornflakes)
3 tablespoons oil
4 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/2 cup fried or freeze dried peas
(Ms adds 1/2 t salt, but since I used salted cashews and peanuts I didn't)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a big bowl mix together ramen, cashews, peanuts, and cereal.  Add the oil and mix until coated.  Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet.  Spread mixture in an even layer.  Combine curry powder and cayenne pepper in a small baggie and sprinkle over the ramen mixture.  bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.  Stir halfway through!  Stir in peas and let cool before serving.

Makes 6 cups.

I didn't figure out my own nutrition facts, but here are Marthas:

Serving size 1/3 cup
Calories: 152
Fat: 10g
Sat Fat: 1g
Protein 5g
Carbs 13g
Fiber 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment